Coswebb Website Design
Beautiful, affordable, photography based websites for your small business.
Please Contact Me for a free quote.
My husband and I started working on our own maple syrup brand back in 2012. This is when I first started looking in to designing our own website. I had taken some online web design courses and a friend suggested I have a look at Squarespace. A few days later, I had a website created and Cosman & Webb Townships Organic was online! I had so much fun creating our site and we needed to find a way to supplement our farming income, I began offering web design services to friends and family.
This web page is attached to our maple syrup website, feel free to browse the site and see what you think. Please note all website design information will be found on this page only. To get back to this page, please use the back button at the top of your screen or copy and paste www.coswebb.ca/design in a new tab in your browser.
Q & A
What platform do you use?
I use Squarespace for all of the websites I help create. Squarespace is a user friendly platform that anyone can use. I offer my services to those who are too busy to develop and create and/or manage their own site.
How much is a website going to cost?
Every website is unique. Are you selling products or services online? Are you blogging? Do you need to change your website frequently with news and event updates? Do you have you have high resolution, professional photographs that are ready to use? Do you need written content? All of these factors (and more) will determine the cost of building your website. Here are some sample estimates and fixed costs that need to be considered when building your website:
- Small business website build, with no e-commerce starting at $1200 (framework and design only)
- Small business website build, full e-commerce with 20 products or less starting at $2375 (framework, design, and commerce only)
- Small business website build, full e-commerce with more than 21 products starting at $3300 (framework, design and commerce only)
- Blog's are included in any of the above options free of charge, though if you want to import blog posts from an existing website there will be a charge of $32/per hour to do this
- Please budget for professional photographs taken of you, your business and your products (if applicable). Unless you are a photographer, I highly recommend hiring a professional for this job. Professional photography will give consistency throughout your site without taking away from content. Bad, inconsistent photography will distract guests when viewing your site and won't give the polished look of a good website. The photo fee is negotiated and paid to your photographer and not to Coswebb Design. I am happy to recommend photographers that I have worked with in the past and have been happy with.
*If you choose to use stock photography (pictures purchased on the internet and used as your own photos), Coswebb Design will charge a one time fee of $100 for a subscription and copywrite license on your behalf.
- Website hosting and domains are taken care of through Squarespace, which I will help set up for you. To see their pricing structure, please visit Squarespace Pricing. Annual payments range from $12/month USD to $40/month USD. This is also a separate charge paid to Squarespace and not to Coswebb. If you already have a domain and are locked in to a contract with GoDaddy or other hosting company, we can still use Squarespace but the fees will remain the same.
- If you require help with your written content for your site, I offer this service at $32 per hour.
When will my website be ready?
This will also depend on the size of your website and when or if you have photographs ready. A small website build with stock photography can be easily finished with in a week. A full ecommerce website with custom photography would take approximately 2 weeks after the photographs are received.
Full access to the website build would be given to you at the beginning of the build, and comments and suggestions from you would be encouraged throughout the design process.
Will I be able to update my website myself?
Yes. A one-hour tutorial is included in all of my quotes. If you prefer not to manage your own website, I am happy to offer my services at a $32/per hour fee which is billed monthly.
Do you offer any other services?
Yes. I can set you up with a newsletter email template using Mailchimp, integrate all of your social media, create graphics for different platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+, and offer tutorials. A full start up for all of these items would be a fixed fee of $900 or $32/per hour for smaller projects.